Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer of Sam (Famolaro) OST: Track #4

Home
by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Up From Below (2009)



Not to say it's a bad album...
cause it does have other decent moments. 
but, Home is far & away the best, 
most perfectly crafted song on Up From Below.
Really, the song is a perfect storm of everything 
that the band is attempting to be.
the call & response vocals are spot-on
and the female vocalist (Jade Castrinos)
honestly, makes this song for me...

but i'm not finished, yet. 

It's always easy to think about home.
even if you don't love where you're from. 
the idea of returning home 
to all the people & places you've left behind
somehow makes everything better, 
even if it only for a brief moment in time.

Everyone has something that makes home feel like home.
Maybe it's family, friends, lost loves.
really, it's all about familiarity.

i'll just get to my point I guess.

When you're not at home with me, 
I don't really feel like i'm home

there. I said it.

(but you already knew, didn't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment