Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer of Sam (Famolaro) OST: Track #3

I Can Change
by LCD Soundsystem
This is Happening (2010)


LCD Soundsystem will be playing 
at my house, my house.


...for most of the Summer, anyhow. 






If I had to choose one song that I assumed
was going to become the anthem of Summer 2010,
this would have to be it.


This is also the first song on the playlist
that was actually released in 2010.
Thus, I wanted to add this before it becomes "played-out"


...and I have a feeling it will.


Truth be told, this entire album is littered with potential
summer-time fireballs ("Dance Yrself Clean", "Drunk Girls").
But personally, I find James Murphy to be most appealing
when he's lovesick & writing bittersweet, 
devastating electro-pop gems.
Wile the memorable synth-line, open-book lyrics &
 surprising danceability, I Can Change could easily become 
the 2010's version of Someone Great [link]


I'm always pretty impressed with Murphy's lyrics.
He has that subtle combination of snarky & ernest that is hard
to pull off without sounding like a prick, but somehow when
he tells me "he can change", I honestly believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment