Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer of Sam (Famolaro) OST: Track #8

Art House Director
by Broken Social Scene
Forgiveness Rock Record (2010)






Oh boy...
I've been holding back on this one 
since i started this summer playlist.


Even before my hair-brained idea to create my summer playlist,
I was thinking about discussing this new album
And with the possible exception of Gorillaz' Plastic Beach,
I don't think I've listened to another album more than Forgiveness Rock Record.


Art House Director features many of the signatures 
found in songs that I tend to enjoy.
- Huge Vocals
- Hook-laden Choruses
- Creative Verse Structure


and of course....
a Killer Horn Section.


I was talking to this guy at work 
who was asking me what I've been listening to lately.
I told him I'd been listening to alotta Broken Social Scene
& momentarily, he looked at me like I had a third eye (blind)
before saying he has no idea who they were, but I should check
out the new Keane album.


In my younger, more "agro" days, 
I would have gone off for 25 minutes on why Keane should be 
systematically broken down & sold on the black market
in exchange for small amounts of yellow cake uranium.




...I guess we all mellow out as we get older.


"Art House Director" - Broken Social Scene [download]

No comments:

Post a Comment